- 3 slices streaky bacon
- 8 crimini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 90g grated Cheddar cheese
- Grill or place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Remove, dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon, and two-thirds4 of the Cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
You can also use chestnut mushrooms or portobello mushrooms.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 14gCarbohydrates 9gProtein 13g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.
Top 8 breakfast recipes