- 450 g celery root
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 75 g mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 75 g baby spinach
- 150 g blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese or Roquefort cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash the celery root. You don’t need to peel it. Cut-away the roots and slice into ½-inch slices.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush olive oil on both sides and sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the celery root has turned golden brown and soft.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms in butter until golden and soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the nuts quickly in a dry, hot frying pan, until fragrant. Let them cool slightly, and chop them coarsely.
- Mix red onions, spinach, mushrooms and hazelnuts in a bowl.
- When the root celery is ready, place on plates and add the salad on top. Serve with blue cheese and a few drops of olive oil.
Tip! Go nuts! Try adding sliced almonds, or chopped pecans and cashews. Or even some of your favorite seeds. Lightly sautéed kale or chard also makes a delicious alternative to spinach.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 481Total Fat 42gCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 10gFiber 4gProtein 15g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.