- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 450g beef mince
- 85g finely chopped onion
- 75g red or green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes, drained
- 45g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Place squash in a baking dish and pour in enough boiling water to come 1.25cm (1/2 inch) up the sides of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven; cool until easily handled, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Scoop out the flesh of the squash and separate strands with a fork. Reserve shells.
- Cook beef, onion and pepper in a frying pan over medium heat until the beef is browned about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Stir in squash; cook until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Fill squash shells with squash mixture using a slotted spoon. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until flavours combine, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and continue to bake until cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
Any mince can be substituted for beef mince. You can also use mozzarella cheese instead of Cheddar.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 293Total Fat 16gCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 11gFiber 3gProtein 24g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.