- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp soft cheese or cream cheese
- 3 tbsp almond flour or ground almonds
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- fresh or dried herbs of your choice (coriander leaves, chive or parsley finely chopped)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140 g back bacon (smoked or unsmoked finely chopped)
- 120 g onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 roasted bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 50 g unsalted butter
- Preheat oven at 180°C/350°F
- Get a frying pan and saute the back bacon until crispy then add chopped onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the roasted peppers and butter. Let it melt. Set aside and let it cool.
- Get medium-size mixing bowl. Break the eggs in add salt, pepper, soft cheese, and fresh herbs and mix well. It will take a minute or two for the cheese to mix well with the eggs.
- Now add the cooled stuff from the frying pan including all the fat and mix again. Add the almond flour or ground almonds, baking powder, and mix.
- Divide the mix into a muffin tray. In the oven, bake for 20 minutes.
Serve on their own or with green leave salad. The filling is optional and can be replaced with anything you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 200Total Fat 15gCarbohydrates 4gProtein 12g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.
Top 8 breakfast recipes