- 40 g butter softened
- 300 ml double cream
- 150 g cauliflower florets, boiled
- 150 g broccoli florets, boiled
- 8 large eggs
- 60 g vegetarian hard cheese (or use your favourite hard cheese)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C.
- Use a brush to grease the insides of 8 ramekin dishes with the butter.
- In a bowl, mix the cream with the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Divide the cream and vegetable mixture equally amongst the ramekins. Then, break an egg gently into each ramekin and sprinkle with the vegetarian hard cheese.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pop the ramekin dishes into a roasting tin and pour boiling water into the tin so that it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes to get a soft yolk.
- When you remove the roasting tray holding the ramekins from the oven, do so carefully so that you do not break the egg yolks.
- Garnish with shavings of hard cheese of your choice.
Need to add more fibre? Sprinkle your egg bake with chia seeds.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 555Total Fat 50gCarbohydrates 8gProtein 20g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.
Top 8 breakfast recipes