- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp. cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 3 drops liquid Stevia
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 2 or 150°C.
- Spray two baking tray sheets well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully separate the eggs, ensuring that no yolk gets in the whites.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg yolks, the 3 tablespoons of cream cheese and liquid Stevia well.
- In a separate bowl, add the ¼ teaspoon of cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat the whites with an electric whisk on high speed until they are fluffy and form stiff peaks. You can also do this by hand which is harder work and will take about 10 minutes.
- Carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture until totally mixed through.
- Take care not to break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Scoop the mixture with a large spoon to make 10 even rounds on the baking trays (around ¾ inch thick and 4-5 inches across).
- Pop the Cloud Bread mixture on the middle rack of the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them and remove when the tops are golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the Cloud Breads from the baking trays and cool on a wire cooling rack.
When the Cloud Breads are fresh out of the oven, they are crumbly and similar in texture to that of cooked meringue. But, once the Cloud Breads are totally cool, their texture will change to that of a softer bread, nice and chewy. Of course, if you prefer the just-cooked texture, tuck in!
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 35Total Fat 3gCarbohydrates 1gProtein 2g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.
Top 8 breakfast recipes