You might be wondering why the word FATHEAD dough in the title right? Or maybe some of you know what I’m talking about and you are super excited for this recipe!
Tom Naughton posted the original recipe in 2013 and it’s gone viral since. The name comes from the blog Tom Naughton started while making the movie Fat Head, a comedy-documentary about food and health. Haven’t seen it?
If you’ve never heard of Fat Head dough before you may be very new to low carb living. It’s a simple dough that is basically made of CHEESE! Yep. You heard right!
- 75 g Almond Flour(Ground Almonds)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella (180 g)
- 113 g cream cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 8 high-quality sausages-optional(only if you want to make sausage rolls)
- Place the shredded/grated cheese and cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 20 seconds.
- Stir again and microwave on HIGH for last 20 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour/ground almonds, baking powder, and salt
- Add the egg to the melted cheese and mix until well combined.
- Then add the dry mix and mix gently until it forms a dough.
- It will be a little sticky.
- Place the dough on a cling film sprinkled with almond flour/ground almonds and wrap it.
- Place in the fridge for at least half an hour before using it.
Fathead dough can be used as a pizza crust, cheese sticks or garlic bread. I have also seen people making little buns and used as a replacement for bread rolls. The fathead dough is really versatile and will definitely make the transition to low carb very pleasant.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 26gCarbohydrates 4gProtein 12g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.