- 600 g chicken thighs de-boned skin on(you can use breasts if you like)
- 90 g crushed pork rinds
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp cream cheese( soft cheese like Philadelphia or supermarkets own brand, full fat)
- 1 tbsp double cream
- ground pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- frying fat (I use lard for frying)
- Preheat oven @ 200C.
- Pork rinds in a bowl, crush them well, add smoked paprika powder, mix well and set aside.
- Take another bowl, eggs in with a pinch of salt, ground pepper, cream/soft cheese, and double cream. Whisk until well combined, set aside.
- Chicken tights/breasts need just salt and pepper.
- Large frying pan on high temperature adds frying fat by your choice.
- Bath the chicken in the egg mix and then straight to the bowl with crushed pork rinds. Press the rinds a little on the chicken, so they will not fell off and straight to the hot pan.
- Fry until crispy on both sides and set aside on a baking tray.
- Have your oven preheated at 200 C. When all chicken pieces are on the baking tray, put them in the oven to cook them thoroughly (about 10-15 min). Well done, we did it.
- Not that hard, was it?
Serve with your favorite coleslaw salad and dip. Try to add garlic powder or some other spices into the pork rinds if you like them a little spicy. Pan-fried chicken tends to be a little greasy. I am using a baking tray with a grid to let the excess fat go freely away, so the chicken is not soaked with fat. My favorite dip is hot salsa or sour cream with chive and garlic. Curry mayo is good too.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 696Total Fat 45gCarbohydrates 2gProtein 72g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.