- 10 eggs
- a handful of parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- large handful of black olives, (pitted are easier to eat)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the grill to high. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt, if you want.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the onion wedges over high heat for about 4 mins until they start to brown around the edges. Throw in the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places – about 2 mins.
- Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelet is puffed up and golden. Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan.
Recipe Tip MAKE IT MEATY For a non-vegetarian version why not ripple over slices of ham or bacon before scattering over the feta, then grill until crispy.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 349Total Fat 25gCarbohydrates 11gProtein 21g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.
Top 8 breakfast recipes