- 3 eggs
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 150 g bacon
- 50 g lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Separate the eggs. Put the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt (and cream of tartar, if you are using any) until very stiff, preferably using a handheld electric mixer. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Add cream cheese to the egg yolks and mix well. To make the oopsie more bread-like, add in the optional psyllium seed husk and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture — try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Place 8, flattened dough rounds on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes, until they turn golden.
Building the BLT
- Fry the bacon in a skillet on medium-high heat until crispy.
- Place the cloud bread pieces top-side down.
- Spread 1–2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each.
- Place lettuce, tomato, some finely chopped fresh basil and fried bacon in layers between the bread halves.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 549Total Fat 49gCarbohydrates 5gProtein 20g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.