- 30 g coconut flour
- 35 g oat fiber
- 30 g whey protein isolate
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110 g butter, melted
- 75 ml bacon fat or coconut oil, melted
- 60 ml water
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp corn extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place a greased 10-inch (25 cm) cast-iron skillet in the oven to heat while you make the cornbread.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, bacon fat, eggs, and water. Beat with a hand mixer. Stir in the corn extract.
- Pour the cornbread mixture into the hot cast iron skillet and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
The corn extract is optional but provides a more authentic, corn-like flavor. If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, pie tin or small oven-proof skillet will work.
Whey protein isolate has casein and lactose removed and is not the same as whey protein, which can be highly insulinogenic. Please check the ingredients on whey protein isolate to make sure there are no added sweeteners.
Oat fiber is the pure insoluble fiber from the outer husk of the oat. Because it is not digestible, it does not impact blood glucose.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 270Total Fat 24gCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 2gProtein 7g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.
You can store this bread in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you want to freeze it, you can do so for up to 3 months. We recommend slicing it first and placing parchment paper in between for easy access to the right amount.