- 6 egg yolks
- 125 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (4 g) erythritol (optional)
- 60 ml melted coconut oil or unsalted butter
- Whisk together egg yolks, almond milk, vanilla and optional sweetener in a medium metal bowl.
- Slowly mix in the melted coconut oil or butter. Be sure the oil isn't too hot, or the eggs may cook unevenly.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk the mixture constantly and vigorously until thickened. Your instant-read thermometer should register 140°F for 3 full minutes. Usually, this means about 5 minutes of total cooking time. (When ready, it should coat the back of a spoon.)
- Remove the custard from the water bath. Serve either warm or chilled. (If serving chilled, it can be prepared 1-3 days ahead and refrigerated. Re-whisk before serving.)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 237Total Fat 24gCarbohydrates 1gProtein 4g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.