- 900 g green cabbage
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 90 g butter
- 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 80 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 150 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g (325 ml) shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Shred onion, garlic and green cabbage using a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer. The quickest way is to use a food processor.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter. Sauteed the vegetables until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add cream, sour cream, cream cheese, and spices. Stir thoroughly and let simmer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Add to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and has turned a golden color.
Tip! These rich flavors pair beautifully with grilled - or fried - meat and fish. Whip up a double batch, and freeze the extra in small containers for a quick side dish any night of the week. Save even more time by using pre-shredded coleslaw – just avoid mixes with carrots if you can.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 422Total Fat 39gCarbohydrates 14gProtein 6g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.