- 900 g green cabbage
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 90 g butter
- 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 80 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 150 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g (325 ml) shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Shred onion, garlic and green cabbage using a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer. The quickest way is to use a food processor.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter. Sauteed the vegetables until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add cream, sour cream, cream cheese, and spices. Stir thoroughly and let simmer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Add to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and has turned a golden color.
Tip! These rich flavors pair beautifully with grilled - or fried - meat and fish. Whip up a double batch, and freeze the extra in small containers for a quick side dish any night of the week. Save even more time by using pre-shredded coleslaw – just avoid mixes with carrots if you can.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 422 Total Fat 39g Carbohydrates 14g Protein 6g