- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 175 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 110 g arugula lettuce
- 60 ml finely chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 2 zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 g chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Reserve the dressing to develop flavor while you make the salad.
- Trim and cut the salad. Place the Romaine, arugula, and chives in a large bowl.
- Split the zucchini length-wise and scoop out the seeds. Cut the zucchini halves crosswise into half-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, until it shimmers. Add zucchini to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until lightly browned but still firm.
- Add the cooked zucchini to the salad, and mix together.
- Roast the nuts briefly in the same pan as the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon nuts onto salad, and drizzle with salad dressing.
Tip! Let your imagination soar! This dressing pairs beautifully with other salads – or even as a refreshingly cool sauce for meat or fish. Make up extra dressing to keep on hand.
The zucchini salad is super flexible too! Try it as the perfect base for hearty grilled beef, chicken or fish.
It stores well for at least 5 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 608Total Fat 60gCarbohydrates 9gProtein 5g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.