- 900 g zucchini
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 75 g celery stalks, finely sliced
- 50 g chopped scallions
- 225 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- Peel and cut the zucchini into pieces that are about half an inch (1-1.5 cm) thick. Use a spoon to remove the seeds. Place in a colander and add salt. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then cautiously press out the water.
- Fry the cubes in butter for a couple of minutes over medium heat. They should not brown, just slightly soften. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl and add the zucchini once it's cool.
Tip! You can prepare the salad 1-2 days ahead of time; the flavors only enhance with time. For tasty variety, go ahead and add a chopped hard-boiled egg!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 320Total Fat 33gCarbohydrates 6gProtein 2g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.