- 3 large eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend
- 2 large black olives, sliced
- 4 large mild pepper rings
- 1 tbsp diced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp Rao’s tomato sauce
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese and the Italian herb seasoning into each microwave or oven-safe dish.
- Beat the egg whites gently just to make them easier to work with. Be careful not to beat them too long or they will become too frothy.
- Pour the whipped egg whites into each container equally and microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until the whites are fully cooked. Allow cooling while you mix the yolks.
- Beat the egg yolk and lightly scramble.
- Fold the pizza toppings into the yolk and remove from heat.
- op the pizza bases with ½ tablespoon tomato sauce each.
- Add scrambled egg yolk and the remaining mozzarella cheese and heat for 20 seconds in the microwave or broil in your oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot!
The base consists of some Italian herb seasoning mixed with mozzarella cheese and the whites of the eggs. The topping is made up of a thin layer of marinara sauce, followed by the yolk of the egg lightly scrambled with your favourite miniature pizza toppings! I have always been a black olive and mild pepper gal but you could use whatever toppings you like, chopped into small bits. Add more mozzarella and bake for a fun twist on your normal egg breakfast! You can certainly make this in the oven if you want to double or triple the recipe for multiple people or you can make these in microwave safe dishes for something a bit quicker. The execution below uses a microwave to heat the egg base and the broiler setting on my oven to melt the cheese.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 322Total Fat 20gCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 9gFiber 3gProtein 25g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.
Top 8 breakfast recipes