- 1 bunch rapini, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 450g mild Italian sausage, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place broccoli rabe and salt in a large pot of boiling water. Cook 12 minutes, or until stems are tender. Drain, reserving 225ml of liquid.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook sausage 10 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Remove sausage from saucepan. Stir garlic into saucepan, and cook approximately 30 seconds. Place broccoli rabe and reserved liquid in the pan, then mix in 1/2 of the lemon juice. Return sausage to pan and allow the mixture to simmer approximately 10 minutes. Mix in remaining olive oil and lemon juice before serving.
Rapini is a slightly bitter cooking green that has long been popular in Italy, also known as broccoli rabe.
Rapini can be substituted with Tenderstem Broccoli as it is easier to get in supermarkets.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 26gCarbohydrates 3gProtein 11g
Nutritions are calculated automatically by the third party website. We do believe that all nutrition info is correct, but we do advise to do your own search.
Top 8 breakfasts ideas