- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 100 g flaxseed
- 150 g almond flour
- 150 g coconut flour
- 40 g walnuts, chopped
- 40 g pumpkin seeds and extra for topping
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 400 g pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a bread pan, 7-8 inches (about 10 x 18 cm), with butter or oil.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir together egg, apple sauce, pumpkin puree and oil in a bowl and mix into a smooth batter with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake on the lower rack for an hour. When a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.
The bread is best freshly baked or toasted. Slice the part of the bread you won't have the same day and keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. It will keep in the freezer up to a month.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.