- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 small onions
- 500g spinach, chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 30g chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pour half of the olive oil into a frying pan with a metal handle.
- Heat the oil on medium heat and fry the onions for 2 minutes. Mix in the spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Beat the eggs, and season them to your taste with salt and pepper. Next, add the onion mixture and chives to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pop the remaining olive oil into a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Pour in the eggs and fry the omelette for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the omelette under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes to finish cooking.
- You can stick a cake tester into the omelette to check that it is done.
- Slice into 4 servings and enjoy!
You can also make 4 separate omelettes if you have time for it. I do also like shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 415 Total Fat 32g Carbohydrates 7g Protein 23g
Top 8 breakfast recipes